Saturday, March 28, 2009

Belgian sour ales article in Beer Northwest magazine


The Spring 2009 issue of Beer Northwest, a quarterly publication
based in Portland, Oregon, arrived in the mail yesterday.

This is my first article for Beer Northwest and Editor/Publisher
Megan Flynn, and I'm happy to say that it turned out well. The title is
"Belgium's 'Extreme' Beers."

I cover Belgium's lambic brews, as well as the Flemish Oud Bruin style.

There is also an interesting article about Farmhouse ales and the new
Upright Brewing Co. in Portland, Oregon.

Copies can be ordered here.

Beer Northwest can also be found at select beer bars, brewpubs and
beer stores in Oregon and Washington state.


2 comments:

Rich Ireland said...

Chuck, good "get" with that article. I thought you would find it interesting that my fellow columnist that does the wine column, sent me a link to one of his wine forums (Todays Table), where they finally discovered Flemish Sour Ales.

I jokingly conratulated him and said basically I am glad his wine friends found them as the beers have always been there right next to France waiting to be discovered!

Chuck Cook said...

Hi Rich,
Hopefully the Flemish Sour ales will get more press with the wine people starting to pay attention.